Much to the dissappointment of a lot of folks waiting to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker category, CIC has finally chopped down the options to apply for Permanent Residence under that category.
Only 2 category of FSW applications will be accepted by CIO for processing for ALL applications received on or after July 1 2012.
You have an offer of arranged employment in Canada. The employment offer should:
- be in writing,
- be indeterminate in duration, and
- meet the arranged employment described in this guide.
You are an international student currently enrolled in a doctoral (PhD) program, delivered by a recognized post-secondary educational institution located in Canada, and:
- have completed at least two years towards the completion of your PhD,
- are in good academic standing, and
- are not a recipient of a Government of Canada award requiring you to return to your home country to apply your knowledge and skills,
you have completed a PhD program from a recognized post-secondary educational institution located in Canada no more than 12 months before your application is received by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) and:
- you have not received a Government of Canada award that requires you to return to your home country to apply your knowledge and skills; or
- if you were a recipient of such an award, you have satisfied the terms/conditions of the award.
While this is bad news for those who were planning to apply this year, it could be good news for all those in the endless wait for processing of their applications already submitted.